Knit Tutorial and Tips Round up
I may be at risk of sounding like a total cliché, but I love this time of year. The crisp autumn air renews my love of sewing, and each weekend I find myself getting up a little earlier to pull on my coziest sweater, pour a hot cup of coffee, and settle behind the wheel of my sewing machine.
Knits always seem to be my fabric of choice during cooler months. They layer easily and are incredible versatile. Wren is the perfect dress for getting dressed up without feeling constricted or fussy. Which is perfect for all the pie I am obligated to eat cocktails I definitely need.
Here at Colette HQ we are stitching up Wrens for all occasions. Here is a round up of helpful tutorials and guides to get you started sewing your very own Wren.
Learn the ins and outs of selecting knit fabrics:
- Knit fabric terms: become better acquainted with knit fabric terms.
- What to look for: learn what qualities to look for in knit fabric.
- Notions: learn what notions and tools will enhance your knit projects.
- Visualize your project: understand how fabric translates to garment.
- Conquer the coverstitch: learn tricks and tips for mastering this professional finish.
- Imitate the coverstitch using a twin needle: anyone can achieve the appearance of a coverstitch using a twin needle.
- Sew knits on your standard sewing machine: no serger, no problem! You can get beautiful knit garments without this specialized machine.
- Gather and Stabilize: use clear elastic to create gathers and to stabilize your knits.