Pattern of the Month: Violet
We’re starting a new feature on the blog this year: Pattern of the Month
Each month, we’ll choose one pattern from our catalog to focus on, offering tutorials, tips, and free downloads to go along with it. Plus, each pattern will be discounted for the month it’s featured.
I figured it would be a fun way to tie our tutorials to a real project. So often, I feel like we create tutorials based on what we’re working on at the moment. But if no one else is working on the same type of technique or project, they have a tendency to disappear into the pinterest void without being used.
This way, there’s a little bit more togetherness, don’t you think? It’s not nearly as in depth as a sewalong, but I think it will be lots of fun.
We’re starting with Violet this month, our lovely little peter pan collar blouse. Devon and I have prepared some fun little details you can add and changes you can make if you decide to sew this one up.
How it works:
- You can pick up the pattern for 20% off in our shop using the code VIOLETMONTH
- This month, we’ll be posting tutorials and ideas you can use with Violet (or with other patterns if you want)
- Want to create your own tutorial using Violet? Add a comment to this post with a link at any time during the month and we’ll link it up at the end of the month.
- Upload your creations to our Flickr group, or tag them on Instagram with #VIOLETMONTH (you can also mention @colettepatterns if you want.)
- We’ll do a little roundup of some of your creations at the end of the month.
Let me know what patterns you’d like to see tutorials and variations on in the future!